A lot of people ask me what products do I use or what products would suggest for… ? So I decided to give you guys the Top 10 Make up Products that I must have in MY make up bag. They are in no specific order because I love them all!
Let the fun begin.
1. If you are looking for a great foundation to try I would suggest Teint Idole Ultra 24H by Lancome. Yes I said it, Lancome. A friend of mine, @Iam_Deville on IG (make up artist), recommended this foundation to me. At first I was skeptical because I’d never knew Lancome to have my color foundation. She then told me to go to Sephora or Macy’s and check it out. I’ve been hooked ever since. It is light weight, has an SPF of 15 and barely needs any retouching. I purchased mine in 510 Suede (C).
2. Everyone knows, when it comes to my eyebrows I can get very particular. Yes, they are sisters and not twins but you still want them to look right. There are a few products that I use when it comes to my brows, but the one that I find myself running out of and always ordering would have to be DipBrow Pomade in Ebony by Anastasia Beverly Hills. This pomade is waterproof, so I don’t have to worry about my brows disappearing throughout the day. When used correctly the results are priceless.
3. Now, this next one became a craze after everyone found out that Kim Kardashian-West’s make up artist used this product for her signature highlight look but I must say I hopped right on the bandwagon and purchased Ben Nye’s Luxury Powder in Banana. I don’t know if it has something to do with the yellow tint, which by the way compliments complexions that have a yellow undertone, or the fact that a little bit of this product goes a long way but what I do know is that I am in love with it and that’s that.
4. This product is a newer addition to my collection. I’ve always remember seeing Fashion Fair advertisements in Ebony, and Jet magazine as a kid but I never physically purchased any of their products as an adult. I just knew that they were a line that had a catering to women of color. However, I recently was given a product from them that I absolutely love to use as a shimmery highlighter, after the Banana powder of course. It is Fashion Fair’s Perfect Finish Illuminating Powder in Air. I use it whenever I want to achieve a very highlighted look.
5. What would any look be without a lash you ask??? The answer is unfinished in my book. Ever since a friend of mine introduced me to Pretty in Mink Luxe Lashes, I have been obsessed. My favorite pair to wear would have to be Pretty in My Mink. I absolutely love the packaging and the fact that you can wear the lashes over and over helps a lot.
6. If you don’t like wearing lashes, or false lashes just aren’t your thing, you can achieve the look of longer, fuller lashes with a great mascara. I use Great Lash (Lots of Lashes) by Maybelline New York in Blackest Black. The brush on this mascara is shaped differently than the regular Great Lash so I am able to coat all of my lashes evenly.
7. Now I hope you didn’t think that I would have a list of products and not mention anything from MAC cosmetics. I am in love with their Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Dark Deep. It provides me with with a nice finish after applying my foundation. Absolutely love this stuff. Plus its mineralized and light weight which is a huge plus.
8. Whenever I want to add a little glitz and glamour to a look I turn to non other than Make Up Forever’s Diamond Powder. Only thing I would suggest is packing these things separately. It never fails, every time I open my beauty bag there is always some of this powder somewhere, then it gets everywhere but I love it still. Go Go glitter go.
9. Ksyn + Cat Eyes = Urban Decay’s 24/7 Water Proof liquid eyeliner in Perversion. I normally switch between liquid liners and gel pots but when I want to achieve a nice clear cat eye, liquid liner does the job. I also love the fact that it has a thin brush instead of a felt tip at the end.
10. Last but not least would have to be one of my favorite pencil liners. I think I have used this liner since I was first introduced to MAC products and it is still the one liner that I use to this day. It is Mac’s Eye Kohl in Smolder. I have tried other eyeliners before, some of which caused an oily film feeling on my eye ball (sounds weird but they had me seeing blurry every time I wore them). I have never experienced that with this liner and by it being a Kohl liner it is very easy for me to create a smudged/smokey look.
Well, there you have it. My top 10 make up products that I Must Have in my Make up bag. What are your Top 10 Must Have’s ?? Share your stories, experiences and of course your own Must Haves below. Don’t be shy
Don’t forget to check out my Youtube page, www.Youtube.com/MissKsyn, for beauty tutorials, reviews and more; as well as follow me on Instagram/Twitter… Code name @MissKsyn
Thanks for reading and stay tuned for more Beauty Talk with Miss Ksyn. Til next time
No shows booked at the moment.
© 2013 Miss Ksyn. MissKsyn.com
Make sure you check out Ksyn's latest interview with AfroElle Magazine, titled: So You Think You Can Dance? Meet Miss...